The main objective of this programme is to enhance knowledge, skills and awareness among the students in the field of Industrial safety, health and environment.In Engineering and Technology areas, the university has planned to develop employment-related continuing education programmes aimed at increasing job potential and economic advantage for the learner. The programmes are to be at tertiary level.
The objectives of the programme are:
- Upgrading educational qualification of learners;
- Creating opportunities for in-house training in industries for continuing education;
- Promoting the educational well-being of the community; and
- Offering need-based academic programmes.
|ELIGIBILITY||A pass in SSLC (10th Standard) or its equivalent, with minimum 60% aggregate in Maths,science,English|
|Gender||Boys and Girls are eligible to apply|
The medium of instruction is regularly English only.
Course Duration: This Diploma course in industrial safety Engineering is scheduled for the period of 3 years or 3 semesters residential purely Non semester pattern course. Also is allowed for the students to complete the course.
The University examinations will be held at the end of the academic. Also each subject exam duration for three hours . Successful candidates are provided certificates within 30 days from the announcement of result. Certificate & Marks will be issued from Alagappa university. Separate certificates will be issued to candidates who passed with distinction and first class.o.
Scope for this course
Diploma in Industrial Safety takes the following dimensions into consideration:
- Occupational Health & Industrial Hygiene
- Industrial Accidents and Hazards
- Safety Environment
- Safety Systems
- Safety Audit
- Safety Legislations and Rules
- Safety Planning and Management
- Quality Assurance and Material Management
- Industrial Toxicology
After getting a diploma in industrial safety, the students can find employment in the following sectors :
- Oil Refineries
- Chemical Plants
- Food Processing
- Electrical Equipments Manufacturing
- Thermal Power Based Units
- Machinery Producing Capital Goods Industries
- Power plant