Each academic year is divided semesters and teaching programmes are organized around the mark system. Teaching includes lectures, tutorials, practical’s, projects, seminars, dissertations and field & industrial training. The Institute lays special emphasis on the tutorial system, which is based on a close personal interaction between students and teachers. The undergraduate students have to undergo a comprehensive project during the final year of their studies. A distinct feature of the education system at ASET-Chennai is the emphasis on overall personality development and instilling in students the qualities of leadership . Thus, extracurricular activities are an important part of student life. The Institute has provided the largest number of engineers in the task of nation building.
Academic committees and faculty committee of each Department use course - appraisal to review the course contents. At the end of each semester every student gives a feedback on the course content, its relevance and performance of the Lecturer. Feedback from students has helped in continually improving courses and teaching quality.
Why Study at ASET?
- Smart Board Equipped class rooms
- Well maintained class halls
- Departmental Computer laboratories with required design software
- Experienced teachers and supporting Staffi Well qualified
- 100% placement assistance
- Extra classes for slow learners
- Personal attention to individual student
- Developing soft skills among students for campus placement and interview preparation
- Continuous evaluation, interactive sessions, expert lectures, industry visits, industry based projects, industry training, online attendance monitoring, well established counselling cum mentoring system, good audio-video system.
- Industrial visits and expert lectures